Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Imminence of the Rapture!


When something is imminent it can happen anytime--nothing has to 
come first, no prophetic events. The generation that was alive when 
Jesus left was a generation that looked for His return. We tend to think 
that certain prophecies have to be fulfilled and so we feel that His 
coming is not soon. “Besides, it has been all these years and no 
one has been right, so why should I believe that He might come today? 
What difference does it make anyway?”

Well, as always, I want to see what scripture has to say:
“...waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our
great God and Savior Jesus Christ.” (Titus 2:13)
“Therefore, preparing your minds for action, being sober-minded,
set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at 
the revelation of Jesus Christ.”  (I Peter 1:13)
“Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has
not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall 
be like him, because we shall see him as he is. Everyone who
thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.” (I John 3:2,3)
“Waiting for the blessed hope...'" I love this verse because it comes
in the now. I live in “the now” and I wait in “the now.”  And, yes, He
lives in me “in the now,” however, there is going to come a day when
He appears to us on earth “in the now.” Glorious day!

No comments: