Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Chosen

Reader, I remember as a little girl that it was so impor-
tant to be chosen to be on a team. I didn't care which
team it was, just getting chosen was enough.

You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...
John 15:16

Let no one be troubled by this matter of election. It 
is a family secret. I would not preach election to the 
world. Election goes before all. I come to the door 
of a certain place, where peace and plenty reigns, and
joy and happiness fill the hearts of the dwellers therein. 
On the door I find written, "Whosoever will may enter 
in." That is the Gospel: I enter, and on the other side 
of the door I find written, "Whosoever gets in here will 
never get out!" That is my security, the fruit of election.

There is nothing to trouble a soul in election, but con-
trariwise much to comfort. God has chosen you, if a 
believer in Christ, before the foundation of the world.
The things which are in heaven God is going to keep
for you, and He is going to keep you for them.
WTP Wolston

I believe the doctrine of election because I am quite
sure that if God had not chosen me, I would never
have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before
I was born, or else he never would have chosen me
afterwards. Charles Spurgeon.

...He has chosen us in Him before the foundation 
of the world, that we should be holy and without
blame before Him...  Ephesians 1:4

Reader, it is not our making ourselves holy, but the
promise is that we are made holy through the power
of His blood. Not only does God choose us--oh,
glory--but He makes us perfect in His Son. Now,
that is incredible! I am chosen by GOD!!!!

No comments: