Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Power Through Weakness

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weak-
nesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions,
in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am
strong.  2 Corinthians 12:10

The literal translation of this verse adds a startling
emphasis to it, allowing it to speak for itself with
power we have probably never realized. It is as
follows: "Therefore I take pleasure in being with-
out strength, being insulted, experiencing emergen-
cies, and being chased and forced into a corner for
Christ's sake; for when I am without strength, I 
am dynamite.

The secret of knowing God's complete sufficiency
is in coming to the end of everything in ourselves
and our circumstances.  Once we reach this point,
we will stop seeking sympathy, because we will
recognize these things as the necessary conditions
for blessings. We will then turn from our circum-
stances to God, realizing they are the evidence of
Him working in our lives. AB Simpson 1844-1919

Reader, what if we posted this on our refrigerators,
bathroom mirrors, or the dash of the car? "When I
am without strength, I am dynamite!" What if I
really believed it? At the very least I would smile
more; laugh more easily. So, I challenge all my
readers to seriously consider the verse above.

No comments: