Monday, July 23, 2018

A Faith That Rests

For we which have believed do enter His rest...
the works were finished from the foundation
of the world. Hebrews 4:3

A great many people have the faith that seeks, but they
have not a faith that rests. The Lord Jesus is here, rest
in Him, let the burden go. "Lord I trust You now. I a-
bide in You now. Lord, as I think about my home pro-
blems, my business pressures, my personal difficulties
in every sphere of life, I bring them all, and give them
all to You." Believe that He keeps you. I am sure this
rest of faith is the center of all activity.
Evan Hopkins 1837-1918

Reader, Few believers today have any concept of "rest"
that comes from knowing God and how it impacts every
phase of life. We can rest even on our busiest days. It is
the anxiety and unbelief that gets us. I love the phrase
that "the works were finished from the foundation of 
the world." Think on this...

No comments: