Friday, May 18, 2018

Loves Like a Hurricane

I am a tree,
bending beneath the weight of His
   wind and mercy...

I am shaking from the inside out,
My mouth is dry as in desert dry,
My muscles cramp,
And there is sweat between my toes.

A bar lies across my chest,
Sobs come from way down,
Yet my spirit is not crushed.
I realize this bar is actually
   the wooden cross beam from Jesus' cross.

I am not crushed because He protects me.
He will not let the pain destroy me.
The vertical beam is at my back,
   allowing me to go forward.
In His strength, His truth, 
   His righteousness, His joy, His will.
Teresa, Blake's Mom

From the Physician and friend:
Blake remains the same.
God's primary patient is the soul
The sentiment is pain
Pain is a response to brokenness
As for the body pain is a physical
   sensation, relayed from the tissues of the brain
As for the soul, pain is a spiritual sensation
   manifested within our unexplainable depths.
It is real.

The pain of this brokenness should not
   be avoided, but faced.
Pain is loss in mourning.
The brokenness within mourning is a longing
   for the known and established, completeness
   in relationship.
The pain is meaningful, even useful,
   as those who mourn are blessed and can
   expect comfort.

The second pain is compassion. You share in
   Blake's physical pain, and you share in the
   mourning pain of the family. Embrace both.
   
We tend to avoid, or worse, mask pain.
We run from it or pretend it isn't real,
Worst of all, we synthesize happiness.
Instead, we ought to face and embrace
   the pain head on...

Remember love is a gift
Receive it in all forms.

Reader,
We are pressed on every side, but not crushed
perplexed but not in despair,
persecuted but not abandoned,
struck down but not destroyed.
We always carry around in our body, the 
   death of Jesus,
so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed.
(These scriptures have new meaning.)

See a previous post--So Close to Death in
order to know what is happening in this
precious family...
 


No comments: