Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My Part #4


You may wonder, "I believe God loves me but what is my 
part in all of it?"

Here is your answer:
"The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of 
temptations and to reserve the unjust under pun-
ishment for the day of judgement." 2 Peter 2:9

The Lord knows your struggle. He is touched with the 
feelings of your infirmity. To you it looks hopeless--
but God knows exactly when and how he will deliver 
you. Thank God, he didn't leave it up to us! Our part 
is simply to acknowledge that our own efforts are use-
less. We must submit to the Spirit of Christ in us--to 
call upon him in trust, crying out, "Lord, I can't do it, 
but you can. I turn it all over to you."

I want to give you one of the most important passages 
in all the Bible. It concerns this necessity of trusting 
God's love as a means to being delivered.

Behold what manner of love the Father has be-
stowed upon us, that we should be called children 
of God! Therefore the world does not know us, 
because it did not know him. Beloved, now we are 
the children of God; and it has not yet been re-
vealed what we shall be, but we know that when 
he is revealed, we shall be like him, for we shall 
see him as he is. And everyone who has this hope 
purifies himself, just as He is pure.  (1 John 3:1-3) 

Jesus has the power to purify us. And that power is a-
vailable to us only as we rest in knowing we are chil-
dren of God--that He loves us. You may have spent 
weeks, months, years doing battle for your sin. You 
may have gritted your teeth and promised both God 
and yourself, "I will beat this thing. I will win!" NO! 
Talk to your Father today. Take look at that life-
sucking habit that holds you, and let faith pour out 
of your heart: "Oh, Lord, my powerful Savior, I know 
you love me. And you have all the power need. I am 
weak, helpless. But I trust in your power to cast out 
this evil thing. Lord, I need a miracle of deliverance. 
You are going to set me free!"

Then listen for him to speak. When he speaks to you, 
the inevitable result is always peace. Claim your mir-
acle--by the hearing of faith, not by the power of the 
flesh. Your Father loves you. Now love Him back as 
a son or daughter. Amen! David Wilkerson

David Wilkerson wrote The Cross and the Switchblade
many years ago. It is the story of a young preacher
boy that God sent to NYC to preach to the gangs. He
was a country hick and only God could have used him
to minister to and bring to salvation these hardened
teens. He started a ministry called, 'Teen Challenge,'
where many have found Christ, gotten off of drugs and
stayed out of prison. 

Reader, this is the end of the series. If you are just read-
ing the fourth one, go back to #1 and see what you have 
missed. David's message is life changing, because our
God changes our lives--only some Christians don't know
it! Many walk in failure and guilt. I am reminded as I
write these blogs, of God's great power on my behalf.

Here is a brief bio of David Wilkerson
https://worldchallenge.org/david-wilkerson

No comments: