Thursday, March 15, 2018

Failure to Pay Attention

But the high places were not taken away out of
Israel; nevertheless the heart of Asa was perfect
all his days.  2 Chronicles 15:17

Asa was complete in his external obedience; he was
right in the main but not entirely right. The fact that
it does not matter much to you may mean that it mat-
ters very much to God... Is there something over 
which you have not obeyed? Is there anything in 
your life about which He has caused you to doubt?
Whenever there is doubt, quit immediately, no mat-
ted what it is. Nothing is a mere detail.
Oswald Chambers

Reader, is there anything that God is nagging you
about? Many years ago I got hooked on a "Christian"
Soap Opera. I planned my day around each episode.
There was a check in my spirit but I was stuck and
continued. I went on a retreat with a dear friend who
asked me a question. "Jane, is there anything in your
life that God wants out?' In the silence and stillness
and the darkness of the cabin, I felt a physical pres-
sure on my body. God pinned me down. I quit.

No comments: