Thursday, December 7, 2017

I Will BE JOYFUL!

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes
on the vines; though the olive crop fails and the fields
produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my savior. Hab 3:17-18

I ask you to observe what a disastrous situation is being
described in this passage and to notice how courageous
is the faith that is expressed. It is as if the writer were ac-
tually saying, "Even if I am forced to undergo the extreme
condition of not knowing where to find my next meal, and
although my house is empty and my fields yield no crops
and I see the evidence of divine pestilence where I once
saw the fruits of God's plentiful providence, 'yet will I re-
joice in the Lord.'"

I believe that these words are worthy of being written for-
ever in stone with a diamond tool. Oh, by God's grace, may
they be deeply etched on the tablets of each of our hearts!
Although the above verse is very concise, it nevertheless im-
plies or expresses the following thoughts of the writer: that
in his time of distress he would flee to God; that he would
maintain his spiritual composure under the darkest circum-
stances; and that in the midst of everything, he would de-
light himself with a sacred joy in God and have cheerful ex-
pectations of Him.

Heroic confidence! Glorious faith! Unconquerable love!
Philip Dodridge

Reader, does not this kind of faith tug at your heart strings?
Do you know that as we pray for the persecuted all over the
world, those suffering for their faith in Jesus, that we read
of this kind of faith and also of how God met deep needs?
Oh, that we could grasp the depth of both His love and His
power on our behalf!

If you have a heart for the persecuted church check out these
resources:

Touch of Christ Ministries--to the lost in the Middle East.
We have met them and this couple is quite awesome. They
send out a letter each month of how God is changing hearts.
tocministries@gmail.com// website www.touchofchrist.net
703-888-8374

Voice of the Martyrs who help the suffering church all over
the globe has a monthly newsletter with amazing stories.
www.persecution.com or call 800-747-0085

No comments: