Thursday, May 18, 2017

Waiting

...they who wait for the Lord shall 
renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like
     eagles...      Isaiah 40:31

I was pondering these words just this
morning and then I found this poem:

Waiting! Yes, patiently waiting!
   Till next steps made plain will be;
To hear, with the inner hearing,
   The Voice that will call for me.

Waiting! Yes, hopefully waiting!
   With hope that need not grow dim;
The Master is pledged to guide me,
   And my eyes are unto Him.

Waiting! Expectantly waiting!
   Perhaps it may be today
The Master will quickly open
   The gate to my future way.

Waiting! Yes waiting! Still waiting!
   I know, though I've waited long,
That while He withholds His purpose,
   His waiting cannot be wrong.

Waiting! Yes, waiting! Still waiting
   The master will not be late:
Since He knows that I am waiting
   For Him to unlatch the gate.
J. Danson Smith

Reader, what is your heart waiting for?
Be assured. He knows more about this
than you can comprehend at present.

For those of you who are interested, I
will post the latest video on the Rev 12
sign below. It certainly gives food for
thought. The comments are particularly
interesting with a certain amount of
push back, but mostly with grace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FkAmDuJiY



No comments: