Friday, October 28, 2016

Eagerly Awaiting

I keep coming across various scriptures that capture my
attention in ways that I had not experienced before. The
verse in Hebrews 9:28,

"...so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the 
sins of many, shall appear a second time for salvation 
without reference to sin, 
to those who eagerly await Him.'

The first time Jesus came it was to take away our sins,
but this appearing has nothing to do with sin, but a
lifting us out of this world and into another dimension.

I have been told all my life that the entire church will be
raptured when Jesus appears to pick up what He bought
2,000 years ago. If this is true then why are we told a
number of times, 'to be alert, to watch,' that we are 'to
eagerly await His appearing?' Then there are the ten
virgins in Matt 25, but only five of them went into the
marriage feast.

'No one knows the day or hour,' but Jesus said that,"
when these things begin to come to pass, look up for
your redemption draws near." What were these things?
Wars, earthquakes, famine, weather changes. Yes, these
things have been going on one degree to another for
hundreds, even thousands of years with one exception:
Israel. See Matthew 24: 32-39 and Luke 21:29-36. The
fig tree is Israel and the generation that was born just
before Israel became a nation, will not pass away until
all of the prophecies of his coming, including the
tribulation are fulfilled. Israel became a nation in 1948.

I was watching a video this evening that took me into
the heavens and the constellations which tell the
redemption story, God's story. It had been a very dull
day but when I glanced out the window I saw a sky of
brilliant pink. One minute later I looked up to see that
beautiful sky but the light was gone and the darkness
was closing in. That quickly it had vanished. The Bible
says in 2 Thessalonians that we will be gone in a blink
of an eye. I am so excited about the coming of the Lord
but few want to hear about it. If you are one of the few,
check out the video below. I had to watch it twice. I did
not look up the references he gave to see what the
Wise Men of the East saw in the sky when Jesus was
born. It was something very unique that set them on a
journey that would take months! That sign is connected
to this season.

We are to encourage one another as the day draws near!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumhuYugsdA




No comments: