Friday, March 20, 2015

And Be Found in Him

Back to Philippians 3

...and be found in him, not having a 
righteousness of my own that comes from 
the law, but that which comes through 
faith in Christ, the righteousness from 
God that depends on faith.
(Phil 3:9)

Paul is clear, 'not the law, but Christ.' The law
brings death to sinful man. He doesn't need a
list of good things to do. His good deeds will
not blot out his sin nature. Only the redeeming
cross of Jesus can change our old nature, our
sin nature, into a new life filled spirit. We
experience His resurrection power the moment
we respond to His call. Jesus says, 'I have come
that you might have life, and have it more 
abundantly!' Abundant life is mine! I so often
listen to lies about myself; I believe my feelings
are the truth.

Lord, out of what do I live each day? Is it out
of oughts, do's and don'ts, or from the abundance
that is mine in Christ. My deepest desire is live my
life from your glorious indwelling.
And, Papa, I pray for my readers that they would
know who they are--in Christ!

Check out my website and stories:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.php

No comments: