Friday, August 15, 2014

To Loiter, Linger, Dally

"...and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

I love that word "dwell" which means, to loiter, linger,
abide, dally, to continue long in a place.

For me it has the sense of coming home, of being at
home in a place that fits me completely. In my
imagination I see myself walk into the house of my
dreams. I kick off my shoes, lean back, sip a refreshing
cool something as I gaze through the clear side of the
room at the towering snow capped peaks in the distance.
A lion is taking a drink from the flowing stream as two
lambs frolic on grass that never needs mowing. My
grandchildren are busy climbing a very large tree.

Jesus says, "In my house are many mansions. If it
were not so would I have told you that I go to 
prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare
a place for you, I will come again and will take you
to myself, that where I am you will be also.
(John 14)

Oh, dear reader, take some time out of your busy
day to ponder the words of Jesus. Let your imagination
soar. "Eye has not seen, ear has not heard...what God
has prepared for those who love Him." May Joy fill
you today!

Maranatha!






No comments: