In the verses of yesterday I notice a few more things:
- Satan not only has access to heaven but comes into the very throne room of God.
- Satan can only touch us by God’s permission. He is not God.
- Satan believes that the relationship between the Creator and his children is tenuous at best.
- After all, Adam and Eve fell like an apple from a tree.
- Satan spends his time poking his nose into things on earth as he roams around.
I find myself looking at my arch enemy as my mind flits to issues in my own life.
I look at events in the world, and the pain in the lives of my family and friends.
God has a purpose in every detail. I can’t see behind the curtain and I am limited
because I see events from the perspective of time alone. Unless, unless, I take
the time to ponder eternity which is not bound by time. In my imagination “I see”
God seated on His throne, surrounded by angels. Then I wonder how Satan
can endure the glory, the purity of God for even one second. (See Isaiah 6:1-6
for a word picture of what it was like for Isaiah to be transported into that very throne room.)