What have I heard about Nazareth in the time of Christ?
Very little, until recently.
- It was very small. Thirty houses covered eight acres.
- It was located on the brow of a hill 15 miles from the sea of Galilee.
- It was not on a trade route, but tucked away in a secluded location.
- Nazareth was not mentioned in the Old Testament.
- "Nothing good ever came from Nazareth."
- Those who grew up there had a peculiar accent.
Why did God choose Nazareth as the place where His Son would grow up?
I can imagine what Mary had to say when she found out that they had to go
back to a place where everyone knew everything about everyone. Only
no one believed the bit of how Mary became pregnant. What did that make Jesus?
What was it like for him to grow up in such a town?