Thursday, February 2, 2012

HOPE

The women came to the grave. They were empty; desolate. 
They came to the the tomb, to weep and mourn their great loss. 
Instead they found: 
an earthquake, 
the stone rolled away, 
guards frozen with fear, 
an Angel, 
and an empty tomb.  
WOW! 
The Angel said to them: “Do not be afraid, for I know 
that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 
HE IS NOT HERE, for He has risen as He said. 
Come see the place where He lay...”   (Matthew 28:1-8)
Papa, I came to You empty and expecting nothing. Instead
I found a risen Savior and HOPE.
Blessed be your Name!

2 comments:

Una said...

Your post made me think of a poem that I read in an old Irish poetry book while in college:

Woman

Not she with traitorous kiss her Saviour stung, Not she denied Him with unholy tongue;
She, while apostles shrank, could dangers brave,
Last at the cross and earliest at the grave.

Eaton Stannard Barrett

Jane said...

Thank you, Una, for your thoughts. I just found this.