Monday, January 8, 2018

Speaking of Power...

That I may know Him and the power of His
resurrection. Philippians 3:10

What does our Lord desire from us? He wants us
to KNOW Him intimately. We run around doing
for Him, but what if, out of the knowing comes
the resurrection power? Power to do all His will.
In Ephesians 1 Paul links knowing and resurrec-
tion power.

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the
Father of glory, may give to you the spirit
of wisdom and revelation in the know-
ledge of Him...and (to know) what is the 
exceeding greatness of His power toward 
us who believe, according to the working 
of His mighty power which He worked in 
Christ when He raised Him from the dead. 
Ephesians 1:17, 19, 20
(This is an amazing prayer that I pray over myself
and others daily. )

Reader, I used to think that all this power was only
for doing great things for God--and, yes, those
called to incredible ministries need it, BUT, I am
convinced that all of us need this power to live our
lives each day. Power to get out of bed, eat break-
fast, do the laundry, clean the toilets...

There is an old hymn that is floating through my
mind:

Learning to lean,
Learning to lean,
I'm learning to lean on Jesus
I need more power than I ever dreamed
I'm learning to lean on Jesus.



No comments: