Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Gift

The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come" And let the one 
who hears say "Come," And let the one who is thirsty 
come; let the one who desires take the water of life 
without price.       Revelation 22:17

Last weekend was a most unusual three days in something
that was multi-layered. About six months ago my sweet
husband began working on a surprise for my 75th
birthday. He made a list of my friends from the past then
called them one by one to come up the mountain to
celebrate my life. Nine women came, some from around
here. Though they were strangers to each other, the Spirit
of Christ was strong and each one formed a healing bond
of  fellowship. Glen took us to dinner, arranged a boat ride
on beautiful Payette Lake, but the rest of the time we were
left alone in a lovely cabin to share our lives and truth with
one another. We laughed a lot, worshiped, prayed together.
We talked a great deal about the days we are living in and
the hope that is before us--His coming and eternity in His
kingdom. It was noted that the ten woman who gathered
somehow correspond to the ten virgins in Matthew 25. I
received many meaningful gifts. Two of the women gave
me the exact same thing with the exact same scripture!
They had never met. Now that made me sit up and
take notice!

Reader, scripture is full of prophetic scriptures that have
not yet been fulfilled, scriptures that are not known for
being prophetic. Like this one,

My Beloved speaks and says to me:

"Arise, my love, my beautiful one, 
    and come away,"
For behold, the winter is past;
And the rain has gone,
The flowers appear on the earth,
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens its figs,
And the vines are in blossom;
They give forth fragrance
"Arise, my love, my beautiful one
     and come away."
Song of Solomon 2:10-13

No comments: