Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Walk Like Jesus

Before taking a nap I opened the 'Bible.Is' app to the
book of 1st John so I could listen in my sleep. (Bible.Is,
a free app for your phone or iPad which has over 100
different languages to choose from as well as many
translations.) When I awakened I was thinking about
the word 'abide.' It was John who wrote down the
dialogue that Jesus gave them on the night of His
betrayal. It appears that what Jesus said had a deep
impact on John. I found the theme of the book to be:
abide and love. My questions as I have pondered
John 15 have been, how do we abide and what does
it looks like?

'By this we know that we are in him: Whoever says
he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in
which he walked.' 1John 2:5,6)

Walk like Jesus? Well, reader, that narrows the field
somewhat! Many claim to know Jesus Christ as Savior,
but how do they live, especially at home when no one
is watching? How do I live? Scripture says that if I
detach from the Vine and substitute my own devices,
there will be no lasting fruit. 

'Apart from me you can do nothing.'

And so I cry, 'help!'



No comments: