Thursday, January 26, 2017

Come to Me!

In the last post I pondered what it means to walk
like Jesus walked and did not get very far. It
seemed so hard, full of oughts. When I was
younger I refused to look at yesterday's verse.
However, today I found a beautiful set of verses
that refreshed my soul:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-
laden and over burdened, and I will cause you to
rest--I will ease and relieve and refresh your 
souls.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I 
am (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and
you will find rest--relief, ease and refreshment
and recreation and blessed quiet--for your 
souls.
For my yoke is wholesome (useful, good)--not 
harsh, hard sharp or pressing, but comfortable,
gracious and pleasant; and my burden is light 
and easy to be borne. (Matt 11:28-30 Amplified)

Reader, to abide in this Vine is not burdensome.
It is a place of ease, refreshment and rest. We
make the Christian life something that our Lord
never meant it to be--especially in the 21st
century.

Be still and know that I am God.  




1 comment:

Dixie Harger said...

Thanks, I needed that right now.