Monday, September 26, 2016

Patient Endurance

I decided to look up 'patience' in Strongs out of Rev 3:10.
(5281, see 5278) It states, 'delight in.' I sat there in shock.
I checked out the numbers again and then called Glen.
'How can I write a blog when patience is coming up as
'delight, splendor, grace and beauty?' Glen checked it out
and suggested I check out the Greek instead of the
Hebrew...

Patience: 'to remain, undergo, bear, have fortitude, endure,
suffer, perseverance.'  (out of 5281 from 5278 in Greek)

Jesus says this to the angel of the Church of Philadelphia:
'Because you have kept my word of patient endurance,
will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the 
whole world, to try those who dwell on earth. 
I am coming soon.' (Revelation 3:10)

What is important enough to God that He would deliver
us from the tribulation before it even starts? It is to walk
through life--its trials, wrong decisions and failures; right
decisions and failures; loss, grief, drudgery, (especially
drudgery)--with patient endurance.

In Galatians 5:22 we read: The fruit of the spirit is love,
joy, peace, patience... I am intrigued by the fact that joy,
peace, patience are so closely related. Friday's blog
discusses how joy comes from deep within. (The word
happiness is not even mentioned in scripture.) Jesus
gives peace, unlike the world. If we are girded by joy
and peace we can walk through life with 'patient
endurance.' It helps to know that Jesus is all the fruits.
He dwells within every believer through the Holy Spirit.
He wants us to live our lives out from His Life.

Reader, I asked God if I am repeating blogs because I
can't remember what I've written! He let me know that
He's got it covered. Many times I come to the computer
empty--then He fills me up.



No comments: