Monday, September 5, 2016

Everlasting Love

'See what kind of love the Father has given to us,
that we should be called the children of God.
(1 John 3:1)

Today ends our week of hymns from the old
Intervarsity Hymn book. We attended the 1968
Missions Conference with 18,000 students put
on by IVCF each student generation. Glen and
I had not yet met, lived in different parts of the
country. This hymn along with others sounded
forth with 18,000 voices fully engaged!

Loved With Everlasting Love

Loved with everlasting love, 
Led by grace that love to know;
Spirit breathing from above, 
Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace! 
O this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease, 
I am His and He is mine.

Heav'n above is softer blue, 
earth around is sweeter green!
Something lives in every hue 
Christless eyes have never seen:
Birds with gladder songs o'er-flow, 
Flowers with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know as now I know, 
I am His and He is mine.

His forever only His; 
Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss, 
Christ can fill the loving heart.
Heav'n and earth may fade and flee, 
First born light in gloom decline;
But while God and I shall be, 
I am His and He is mine.
Wade Robinson

No comments: