Monday, October 19, 2015

Stormy Weather

Not long ago I had a rather vivid dream. Since I rarely
remember dreams, this one caught my attention. So
did the content. However, I then forgot about it--
until today.

The Dream
I was at a beach on a dark windy day. I walked out
on a sandbar and stood watching the roaring water
at my feet. I knew it was over my head, and I knew
that the Lord wanted me to jump in and swim to the
other side. No "other side" was in view as the sky
darkened. I stepped into the water and as it went over
my head, I started to swim. Instantly I was on the
other side. Blue sky overhead; calm water lapped at
the sandy beach. People were laughing and shouting as
they played ball. I walked to land.

Today I read this in John 6:
"When evening came, his disciples went down to the
sea, got into a boat, and started across the sea to
Capernaum. It was now dark and Jesus had not yet
come to them. The sea became rough because a
strong wind was blowing... They saw Jesus walking
on the sea and coming near the boat and they were
frightened. But He said to them, 'it is I; do not be
afraid...' they took Him into the boat and immediately
the boat was at the land to which they were going."

Reader, look at the scripture. It is windy, dark and the
sea is rough. Be honest, as you look at world events,
does it not seem as though night is falling--and 'where
IS Jesus, anyway?' He is right there in the dark and in
the wild waves. He says to you, "it is I, be not afraid."
Your circumstances can change, instantly...

No comments: