Monday, July 22, 2013

Not My Fault!

Psalm 59 is the second psalm penned during this
time. It is much more personal as David uses the
pronouns, my, me, mine, and I,  24 times.

"Deliver me from my enemies, O my God...
They lie in wait for my life; fierce men stir up
strife against me...
for no fault of mine, they run and make ready.
Awake, come to me, and see!"

Allow me to translate. "God this is terrible. I
have done nothing wrong. It is not my fault.
Fierce men are after me to kill me. Wake up!
Don't you see what is happening to me?"

Such anguish and confusion for this shepherd
boy who has been anointed king. It does not
make sense to him that men are trying to kill him
for "it is not his fault." AND, God is not present
to David which only adds to his pain.

The greatest times of confusion for me are the
times when I am innocent and yet coming under
fire. When it is not your fault, whose is it? Gods?
Paul says in Ephesians: "...we wrestle not against 
flesh and blood, but 
against principalities, 
against powers, 
against rulers of the darkness of this world, 
against spiritual wickedness in high places." 
(Eph. 6:12)

No comments: