Monday, July 29, 2013

A Jewel in the Darkness

Psalm 27 is a jewel of faith that shines forth from
David's life before circumstances have changed.
Perhaps he wrote it just after Saul pursued him
around the mountain, missing David by a hair, and
as David is breathing hard over the narrow escape
he bounds into the cave with his buddies and shouts:

The Lord is my light and my salvation.
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold (refuge)
of my life
of whom shall I be afraid?
Ps 27:1

David roars:

...Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war rise up against me,
yet, I will be confident.
Ps 27:3

The Lord has given David the ability to see--but it
is through white hot trials--that God is his salvation.
His cave, his hiding place, is too easily betrayed. Only
God can be his stronghold. Only God can keep him
alive.

(See the blogs of last week to get the whole picture)

  

No comments: