Thursday, January 26, 2012

David speaks

 I open to Psalm 103 where I find King David speaking to his soul again.  Let's listen in:

"Praise the Lord, O my soul;
All  my inmost being,
Praise his Holy Name.

Praise the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits--"

My Dear Papa, Why do You use the negative, "forget not" instead of the positive "remember?" Is it because I so easily forget to remember? I don't know about others, but for me the shoe fits. How easily the negatives crowd out Your gracious, continuous, abundant blessings. All it takes is a rainy day...  The first two verses of the psalm are overflowing with Life; it bursts out of David in glad adoration.

I can see Your handiwork everywhere.  It is there in the stillness of the lake; in the light reflected off of bare trees; in the colorful Pansies that poke their heads up above the cold ground. I sit here in this busy coffee shop and commune with You. There is an empty chair across from me and I can see You sitting there enjoying our time together.  It is a very special day.

No comments: