Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day One

It has been a rough week of feeling isolated and useless. I have been complaining about God not doing anything. The Lord gave me the phrase “Waiting on God” just over the last couple of days. I know His voice. It is soft and almost sounds like my own thinking except these things seem to come out of nowhere.  The second day of this I was paging through my 1996 diary and went back to the first page:  “A year of loss”  Below this was a meditation I did as that year of loss began:
My soul, wait thou only upon God; 
for my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation
He is my defense; I shall not be moved.
Ps 62:5,6 KJV
For God ONLY, WAIT.  My EXPECTATION is from Him.  
To Wait.  Strongs #1826 (This particular word is only found in Ps 62) Means to:  be astonished, to stop, to perish, to be cut down, forbear, hold peace, quiet self, rest, be silent, stand still, tarry, wait. 
The dictionary adds a few more pieces:  To stay or rest in expectation or patience. (It is the opposite of expecting something evil which is sometimes called, “a bitter root expectation.”)
Only:  Strongs 389 surely; hence (by limitation) only.   
Dictionary:  Single, solitary, without the presence of another.   
Also solitary, without another, is Jehovah.
Expectation:  Strongs 8615  lit. a cord, attachment. Hope, that which I long for. From 6960 To bind together (by twisting) such as a three fold cord. Tarry, wait upon.
When I finish pondering these words I start to write:  “Soul, wait only upon your God.  Stop, hold your peace, be silent, tarry, stand still.  Wait in silence upon your God. Your expectation must be Him, from Him.That which you long for deep inside. You are bound together with Him like a three fold cord that is braided.  Wait on Him with the expectation that He is your rock, your salvation and you shall not be moved.    
For the next few days I will be sharing how He led me into doing the web site. It was 
two weeks ago that I looked at my 1996 diary on Ps 62---the wait, tarry, be intertwined with Him ALONE thing. Today I exchange my nothing--for HIS EVERYTHING.

No comments: