Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Trust in the Lord

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land 
and enjoy safe pasture. (Ps 37:3)

'I once met a poor woman who earned a meager
living through hard domestic labor but was a joy-
ful, triumphant Christian. Another Christian lady,
who was quite sullen, said to her one day, "Nancy,
I understand your happiness today, but I would
think your future prospects would sober you.
Suppose, for instance, you experience a time of
illness and are unable to work. Or suppose your
present employers move away, and you cannot
find work elsewhere. Or suppose--"

"Stop!" cried Nancy. "I never suppose.' 'The Lord 
is my shepherd, I shall not want' (Ps 23). And
besides," she added to her gloomy friend, "it's all
that 'supposing' that's making you so miserable.
You'd better give that up and simply trust the
Lord."

The following scripture is one that will remove
all the 'supposing' from a believer's life if received
and acted on in a childlike faith: "Be content with 
what you have, because God said, 'Never will I
leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say
with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will 
not be afraid. What can man do to me? (Heb 13)' 
Hannah Whitall Smith

Dearest Reader, When fear comes, I ask myself,
"Am I in danger right now?" If the answer if 'no,'
which is usually is, then I turn to Jesus and say,
'You are my sufficiency--'and that encompasses
everything because He dwells in me.


No comments: