Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Life Out of Death

'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me...' Gal 2:20

'The cross is the chief mark of the Christian as 
it was with Christ. The crucified Christ and the 
crucified Christian belong to each other. One 
of the chief elements of likeness to Christ 
consists of being crucified with Him. Through 
faith in Christ we become partakers of Christ's 
life. That life is is a life that has passed through 
the death of the cross, and in which the power 
of that victorious death is always working. 
When I receive that life, I receive, at the same 
moment, the full power of the death on the 
cross working in me in its never ceasing energy.'
Andrew Murray

Reader, the cross is misunderstood, leaving
the church of today without power. We are
being asked to be in unity around Jesus, but
not around the power of the cross. Have you
noticed that God works in ways opposite to
what we see and hear in our culture? God says
'Look at my Son and see that His Life comes
out of death.'






No comments: