Tuesday, July 26, 2016

He Concealed Me

In the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into 
a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. 
Is 49:2

'"In the shadow"--each of us must go there. The glare
of the sunlight is too bright, and our eyes become
injured. Soon they are unable to discern subtle shades
of color or appreciate neutral tints, such as in the
shadowed sick room, the shadowed house of grief, or
the shadowed life where sunlight has departed.

But fear not! It is the shadow of God's hand. He is
leading you, and there are lessons that can be learned
only where He leads. The photograph of His face can
only be developed in the dark room. But do not assume
He has pushed you aside. You are still "in his quiver."
He has not thrown you away as worthless. He is only
keeping you nearby till the moment comes when He
can send you quickly and confidently on some mission
that will bring Him glory. O shadowed, isolated one,
remember how closely the quiver is tied to the warrior.
It is always within easy reach of his hand and jealously
protected.'  FB Meyer

Reader, The words of FB Meyer are so encouraging. I
went through many years of concealment and anguish.
Nothing I tried opened a door. I read mystery books,
and then read them again because each time they were
new! My memory, energy, was shot. This blog over four
years ago was the crack in the darkness that led to an
ever widening door--and eventually to better health.
New relationships have formed, and so have new
opportunities. It was during this time I discovered that
I could NOT make the Christian life work. It was during
this time that I began to realize just how much He loves
me!

See my story: The Crucible of Lyme Disease

http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/story.php?id=8


No comments: