Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Finding Life

I was so eager to move to Weiser and connect with
roots from the past. Since leaving college I have
moved and moved and moved.
It is called the military.
But, there was one place that never changes--
Ruth's place--
and we came every summer to Weiser as our kids
were growing up. Our daughter bathed Noah in the
same tub that I bathed her in--even the decals have
not changed! The view across the Snake river
remains the same!

This morning I suddenly realized in a fresh way that
'I cannot get life from the past!' I cannot write the
present or the future from my past. My life is hidden
in the Eternal Christ in the now, who encompasses
the past and the future, but is lived out in the present.
I cannot re-write the past using the present.

Jesus says, 'I have come that you might have life
and have it more abundantly.' John 10:10

Joy fills my soul. 

No comments: