Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Abundant Grace

(Review the March 7th post)

The past few weeks have been filled with pain, sleepless
nights, loneliness, dismay, raging negative feelings. In
addition to the wounded wing, I came down with a very
bad cold.You would think that a Christian of 65 years, one
who has proven Gods love and faithfulness over and over,
would be able to handle a few weeks of discomfort! But,
He withdrew and allowed me to flounder. I could not
pray, read scripture, was barely able to speak truth. God
hemmed me in and true comforters out. I did not hunger,
food arrived, tasteless as it is. Monday I awoke and
realized something had broken--other than my arm. God
was back,-- not that He had ever left. I had slept through
the night.

How does one shine for Jesus in utter weakness?
Actually, He is the light and we as the container are
clueless as to His brightness within.

In 2 Cor 12 Paul is pleading with God to remove an
obstacle in his life and Jesus says to Him,
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is 
made perfect in weakness."
Paul's response:
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my
weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest 
upon upon me."

Reader, what other god besides our God celebrates
weakness! When we are weak in body and soul, our
God is not fazed, does not reject, but calls us to lean
and be still.

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence."



No comments: