Monday, January 27, 2014

Righteousness

Wow, that is certainly a putter offer on a Monday
morning! But in talking about wisdom we have
to start with righteousness because they are
connected. (See last weeks Blogs…)

"…who of God is made unto us wisdom:
and righteousness, and sanctification and
redemption."

Am I righteous or am I not righteous? We
certainly can't answer that question by how we
feel! Upon what basis do I come to God in
prayer? I come on the basis of my righteous
standing before God. I love this scripture:

"He (God) made Him (Jesus) who knew
no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we 
might become the righteous of God."
2 Corinthians 5:21

God has done it. I can't become more
righteous by trying to live a perfect life.

Many Christians think that their righteous
behavior--or not so righteous-- is how God
views them, but God divides our righteousness
from our conduct. Yes, God is interested in
our conduct but our righteousness before
God cannot be improved upon.

Is this not a "Glory to God, Hallelujah" moment?
I can dance into His presence and dance out
because there is no chance He will squash me
like a bug! Dear reader, do you get it?

Thankfulness corner:
That I stand righteous before God--all the time


No comments: