Monday, August 5, 2013

Dwelling

"...that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all
the days of my life..." Psalm 27:4

Over the past several days I have meditated on
the word "dwell." (dwell means to linger, loiter,
abide, remain.) In this case I  speak of dwelling
intimately with our God. We as Believers are
in Christ. Now that it intimacy! As we linger in
this truth, we can actually access intimacy and it
becomes life to us. In John 15 Jesus says this:
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch 
cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in 
the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in 
me." (John 15:4)

Look at Psalm 91:1: "He who dwells in the 
shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow
of the Almighty." 
What we have in Christ is even better.

Dear reader, the dwelling, abiding begins in the
quiet place, but does not end there. Our dear Papa
wants us to abide in Him all day, everyday. Jesus
would not have given his disciples an impossible
command! It is possible to rest even in the midst
of stressful situations--simple but not easy.
Do you know Him?







No comments: