Tuesday, February 28, 2017

More Than Enough

'My grace is sufficient for you.' (2 Corinthians 12:9)

"The other day I was riding home after a hard day's 
work. I was very tired and deeply depressed, when
quickly, and as suddenly as a lightning bolt, the verse
came to me: "My grace is sufficient for you." When
I arrived home I looked it up in the Word, and it 
finally came to me this way: MY grace is sufficient
for you." My response was to say, "Yes, Lord, I 
should think it is.!" Then I bust out laughing.

Until that time, I had never understood what the
holy laughter of Abraham was. This verse seemed 
to make unbelief totally absurd. I pictured a thirsty
little fish who was concerned about drinking the 
river dry, with Father River saying, "Drink away,
little fish; my stream is sufficient for you." I also
envisioned a mouse afraid of starving after seven
years of plenty, when Joseph says to him, "Cheer
up, little mouse; my granaries are sufficient for you." 
Again, I imagined a man high on a mountain peak,
saying to himself, "I breathe so many cubic feet of 
air every year, I am afraid I will deplete all the
oxygen in the atmosphere." But the earth says to 
him, "Breathe away, filling your lungs forever; my
atmosphere is sufficient for you."

O people of God, be great believers! Little faith
wil bring your souls to heaven, but great faith will
bring heaven to your souls. (Charles Spurgeon)

Reader, I love the men and women who have gone
before us and proved that God is more than enough!

No comments: